Friday, October 23, 2009

We need the word!

If we ever want to succeed in life, if wholeness is important to us, if we want our lives to be prosperous in all areas, our relationships to bloom, our business to be fruitful and if we desire a life filled with peace joy and prosperity, we need the word!
Friend I lived lost and I lived saved, and saved is better!
Friend I lived poor and I lived rich, and rich is better!
Friend I lived sick and I lived healthy, and healthy is better!
Friend I lived in strife and I lived in peace, and peace is better!
Friend I lived rejected lonely and forsaken and I lived wanted, respected and deeply loved, and wanted respected and deeply loved is better!
Friend I lived in fear and without fear, and without fear is better!
Friend I lived with stress, worry, and uncertainty, and I lived with joy, assurance and trust, and joy assurance and trust is better!
Friend I lived without the word and with the word, and with the word is better!
My great teacher and mentor Brother Copland said "One word from God can change your life forever!'
There was a time in my life however when I first heard those statements that those things meant nothing to me.I couldn't understand the word and couldn't comprehend the word.
It sounded that Brother Copland was speaking a foreign language.Faith didn't make any sence to me, and it shouldn't anyway, because faith has nothing to do with the senses, if it did, it wouldn't be faith.
I couldn't comprehend how the words in the bible could be my sword of the spirit, or how to get it in my mouth and in my heart, or how it could dwell in me richly.
I had trouble understanding what I was reading and memorizing verses meant nothing to me.There was no revelation and without revelation there is no information, and with no information there is no progress!
Like Joshua I had to meditate or ponder on the word day and night, for then I would be prosperous the bible says, and then I would be succesful.
But friends the word of God indeed has the power to change your life forever, because it changed mine!
Why is the word of God so important, and why we need it?
I am glad you asked friend, I am glad you asked!
Because without the word there is no faith "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God"Romans 10:17
And we need faith to be saved.
We need faith to receive answer for our prayers.
We need faith to receive healing.
We need faith for wisdom.
We need faith to dominate the financial realm.
We need faith for our children.
We need faith to come against our adversery.
We need faith to receive revelation.
We need faith to succeed in relationships, but most important
We need faith because "Without faith it is impossible to please God, for he who comes to God must believe that God exists and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him"
And friend if we can't please God we can't expect to receive anything from Him,because we need faith in order to contact God!We need faith! And no word means no faith!
We need the word in order to overcome temptations, tests and trials.
We need the word to resist the devil.
We need the word to speak to our mountains of lack, sickness, fears, doubts or whatever they may be, and command them to move.
We need the word because "Jesus is the word"friend, and Jesus said without Him we can do nothing! Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith!
John 1:1says "In the beggining was the Word, and the Word was with God
3 All things were made through Him and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4 In Him was life and the life was the light of men.5 And the light shines in the darkness and the darkness did not comprehend it............14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...
John 15:7 Jesus said "IF you abide in me, and my words abide in you,you will ask what you desire, and it will be done for you.By this my Father will be glorified, that you bear much fruit, so you will be my disciples.
And John 14:12 Jesus said"Most assuredly ,I say to you, he who believes in Me the works that I do he will do also; and greater then these he will do because I go to the father.And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the father may be glorified in the Son.If you ask anything in my name, I will do it."
Wow what a promise Jesus gave us, but we need faith to believe it, so we can receive it!
And no word means no faith.
But Bianca I dont believe in God.Then friend I will pray for you because you definately need the word, you are living in darkness and I wonder how great is that darkness.
There is no lasting success friend without Jesus.I lived without Him and I know the difference He brought into my life.There was no joy, no lasting happiness, no peace and certainly no wholeness.Iwas always in need of something, always incomplite in some area of my life.
Without Jesus I failed in marriage, my bussiness provided money but at the expence of a loss in some other area, because without Jesus there is no real love, and without Jesus there is no peace.Because it is Jesus who bestowed peace upon us.
"John 14:27 WEY translation, "Peace I leave with you, my own peace I give to you,it is not as the world gives its greetings that I give you peace.Let not your heart be troubled or dismayed."
Without Jesus we can never overcome the world.
Jesus said in John 16:33 "I have spoken all this to you in order that in me you have peace. In the world you have affliction.But keep up your courage:I have won the world."
We need the word in order to fight the GOOD fight of faith friend and you know why this fight is good?Because we win all the time!
With Jesus for us who can be against us?
Therefore friend, lets shout with joy, lets give thanks unto God, for He always causes us to triumph in Christ Jesus, and makes us manifest through us the savor of His knowledge in every place!
Blessings
Bianca

No comments: